Just nipped into Knitty City last Wednesday, (which, if you haven't been to is a beautiful shop up near my neck of the woods and a welcome addition to the UWS. It's run by a very friendly and helpful staff - I'm not keen on the other place up here). I went in for some Cascade Quattro which I needed for a project I hope to offer as a free pattern soon....but more of that later.
After noticing a smallish spinning wheel near the counter, I enquired if the shop held spinning lessons, (now that I have all this spare time - hahahaa! The owner, Pearl, told me that they didn't have lessons, but one of their Men's Night's regulars might be able to teach me, then in out of the rain he walked. I introduced myself and had a very lovely chat with him and his wife - what a lovely and interesting couple - this whole knitting thing really opens ones eyes to more than just forming interlocking loops with fibre!
Check out my new friend's blog
The most cheerful grouch I have ever met, me old production assistant, also has a new blog - here's the multi-talented Tina, (who also has a fantabulous pattern in my book - hoorah!)
When I get a minute, (read: when my boss isn't bugging me), I'll add these blogs to my sidebar for easy linkage.
If any of my loyal readers also want to be added to my slowly growing list of blogs, then drop me your info in a comment.
Don't be affraid - I don't bite, hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























2 comments:
Are you going to spin? I totally want to. I've been trying to find a class out in IN. I miss you!
Yay, another soon-to-be spinner! Too bad it's not as portable as knitting, or we could all get together and spin. Could you see us dragging wheels onto the subway?
Post a Comment