
I was worried about Babby Bobbi Bear when I first saw his image on the pattern - how on earth was he going to be able to walk with those tiny stumps for legs? But I couldn't resist his large-noggined cuteness so knitted one up for my baby newphew last year. That little bear is all the way over in Olde England, so I made him a brother for a baby due in September here in NYC.
He's made from untagged stash yarn in a soft and snuggly space dye and stuffed with - shock horror - more stash yarn..... yes, I have that much!
Although this bear is limb-length-challenged he does have the best little bottom I have ever knitted!! Check him out!

Bottom, Bum, Rear End, Seat... all polite and acceptable words to describe the plump body area we are obsessed with. While I was knitting this particular area I wondered why Americans call it a Butt? To me this describes the end of a cigarette, so I tried to think of all the other words for it, then it dawned on me BUTTOCKS!!! Butt is short for buttocks!!! Derrrr!!!
Edited to add: After looking at the photos on here, (he's much better looking in the flesh (?)), I think his eyes are a little bit sqinty - he may have to have surgery, just local though - nothing too drastic.......I hope his new owner doesn't mind, but we shared a snuggle when I took a well deserved rest here on the settee this afternoon - it's been a loooooong time!

























3 comments:
That is such a cute bear, with a cute bottom, arse, whatever. Funny that you got stuck on the origin of the word "butt" :-)
That is one very cute bear. With a bum like that all he needs is some pants to swing ;)
So cute! I think you need to make him a lady friend, though...even bobbi bears need a little lovin' every now and then...
Post a Comment