Saturday, March 11, 2006

Let The Sun Shine!

What a beautiful day it be laying on the setee with the blinds closed!
Feeling very sleepy today, but can't let that stop the flow of creativity.
Glen has graced us with his presence for a couple of days, (leaving again for the frozen north early tomorrow).
I thought that I'd put work aside and enjoy a day with the tall one - well, that's what I had hoped! He's out getting his car fixed, so while I have a few minutes, I thought I'd do a little bit of an update.
Kara's Birthday Gift Exchange.
Last month Kara generously hosted a Knitted Gift Exchange - Michelle and Jessica have already blogged about it much better than I ever will, but here are a few of the photos I took that fun-filled evening.

Here's Bubby!
This was Jessica's gift - what a happy little fellow he is, beautifully wrapped and ready to go home with his new Mummy, Jill R.



I didn't get any more good photos of the other knitted gifts - probably because I was stuffing my face with the incredible, delicious and very veggie-friendly spread all prepared and presented by Kara's talented hubby, Mike - thanks Mike!!










Smile if your name begins with J!
Jewell, Johanna and Jill R!





Claudine cuts Kara's carrot cake - say that 5 times fast!





Of course there was knitting...



Katy Knits NYC - oh yes she does! I think this is the Robin Hood Sweater from "Adorable Knits for Tots" - Love that pattern!

Fabulous evening - thanks very much Kara for a super party - ooh and thanks to Johanna who knitted the wonderfully warm alpaca hat - the gift that I was lucky enough to receive - it's been keeping my ears toasty :o)

No comments: