Friday, March 23, 2007

The Harlot ROCKS!!!!!

Quickie Post....

Was in the 750 strong crowd at FIT yesterday evening to witness the wonder of The Yarn Harlot - She did not disappoint. - Please leave a comment if you blogged about this - so others can read about it - as I'm strapped for time - thanks :o)

Life is hectic because:
- After the split from the Boyfriend, I need to move all my crap out on Sunday. Have managed to find temporary home while I wait for my new apartment in Harlem to be fixed up.
If anyone wants to help me move my numerous boxes of yarn and UFOs on Sunday give me a shout - I'll provide the pizza ;o)

- Need to find a new job as this company is slowly grinding to a halt. There are a total of 3 employees left and for most of the past week I have been flying solo - the boss is off sunning herself in the Bahamas!

- I haven't felt well since before Christmas.... do you think it could be stress related????

- I haven't had a chance to read any blogs in months!!!!!!!!

I think I'll eat a Cadbury's Creme Egg for breakfast - Thanks Mummy!!!

Ooooh ooooh oooh! - Check out our fab new T-shirts and stuff! - Thanks Miss Claudine ;o)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather! I was in Edmonton over Spring Break and I bought your knitting book at The Bay. I'm loving it! I'm a new teacher, usually stressed, and it just shouted at me, BUY ME AND YOUR LIFE WILL BE BETTER! :p
I've never really knitted before, tried a short stint as a young teenager but didn't have the confidence to get through the learning curve. I really adore your book and all the great tips.
I do have a question for you: for the Fisherman's Rib, you say it's in multiples of 12 stitches, yet the pattern seems to yield 14..? I feel like I'm missing something and making a really rookie mistake, but hey, I really am a rookie!
Thanks for everything,
~Emily
Vancouver, BC
Canada

Anonymous said...

Heather! Emily here again...OOPS, i mean the Diagonal Rib!
Thanks!
-Emily

schrodinger said...

I didn't get to blog about the Harlot, but it was nice to be there and knit a square.

Sorry things are so shit for you right now. Moving sucks in the best of circumstances (I'm doing that next weekend). Lot of luck with the job and apartment etc. Things will get better.

Dame Wendy said...

Hey! I blogged about the Represent even a bit. :)

It was such a complete blast, and after seeing the SnB pictures on your blog, I'm definitely going to check it out some Tuesday. So thanks!

-Wendy

Rain said...

Oh crap! Hope things start looking up for you and that you feel better soon.

Mmmm creme eggs. I could eat them by the dozen.

Passionknitly said...

I blogged! I blogged!!

At least when things calm down you'll be able to appreciate their awesomeness? that's me straining for the silver lining.
let me know when you're moving to the real apartment and i'll give you a hand!