Stole this from right under Passionknitly's nose - Ha!
THE DEAL: You mark the things you have knit in bold, you italicize the things you intend to try, and everything else you just leave in regular font.
Afghan
American/English knitting - (I do everything American/English now.)
Baby items - (Always thinking that they won't take as long as they do!)
Bobble
Buttonholes
Cable stitch patterns - (Cables and I have long since been involved in a love affair)
Cardigan - (I like wearing cardigans, but prefer knitting pullovers because there's no extra fiddley fastenings to worry about)
Charity knitting
Combination knitting (????) Is this like a combination oven?
Continental knitting - (but only when I'm eating croissants!)
Darning - (the fella's socks are hanging around waiting patiently for me to get to work on fixing the holes...)
Designing knitted garments - (It's my job!)
Drop stitch patterns - (I love dropping stitches - it's almost as satisfying as undoing crochet.)
Dyeing spinning fiber - (I have fibre waiting for me to play with it!)
Dyeing with plant colors - (If grass stains are included then I could count this as a yes!)
Dyeing yarn
Entrelac - (I have some on the needles right now!)
Fair Isle - (Love it!)
Free-form knitting - (This is best done under the influence of mind altering substances)
Fulling/felting
Garter stitch
Gloves
Graffiti knitting
Hair accessories
Hats: Cuff-up
Hats: Top Down
Holiday knitting - (I presume this means Christmas and the like, as opposed to Summer Holidays? It doesn't matter anyway, I've done 'em both!)
Household Items - (There's knitting all over this household!)
I-cord - (so much easier on one needle than teeny dpns!)
Intarsia - (I always get in a tangle!)
Jewelry - (I've done more crochet Jewellery than knitted.)
Kitchener stitch - (I can do it but I don't enjoy it.)
Knitted flowers
Knitting a gift - (tonnes!)
Knitting a pattern from an on-line knitting magazine - (I love knitty!!!!!)
Knitting and purling backwards - (Why would you do this?)
Knitting art - (not sure, maybe?)
Knitting for a living - (it's what pays the rent!)
Knitting for pets - (Lucky wears 'em well!)
Knitting for preemies
Knitting in public - (How else would I get it all done?)
Knitting items for a wedding
Knitting on a loom - (It is those plastic things with the knobs!)
Knitting smocking
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items)
Knitting to make money - (Not sure how else I would survive!)
Knitting two socks on two circulars simultaneously - (Got in an awful tangle. Maybe my first attempt should've been a single colour!)
Knitting with alpaca
Knitting with bamboo yarn
Knitting with banana fiber yarn - (I need to get in on some banana knitting action.)
Knitting with beads
Knitting with camel yarn
Knitting with cashmere
Knitting with circular needles
Knitting with cotton
Knitting with dog/cat hair - (Not that keen on the idea.)
Knitting with dpns - (I hate their nasty stabbiness!)
Knitting with linen
Knitting with metal wire - (Really hurt my fingers.)
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn - (Didn't have much choice til a few years ago.)
Knitting with self patterning/self striping/variegated yarn - (Like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get!)
Knitting with silk
Knitting with someone else’s hand-spun yarn - (I love hand-spun. I need to get more!!!)
Knitting with soy yarn
Knitting with synthetic yarn
Knitting with wool
Knitting with your own hand-spun yarn - (add it to the list of to-dos.)
Lace patterns
Long Tail CO - (I always do cable cast on though.)
Machine knitting - (I own 4 machines, including one in England.)
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip Down.
Moebius band knitting - (Only by mistake.)
Norwegian knitting - (Don't know what this is so I may have done it.)
Participate in an exchange
Participating in a KAL
Pillows - (I assume this means, cushions? Pillows to me are what you rest your head on in bed. If I slept on knitted pillows, my hair would felt!)
Publishing a knitting book
Purses/bags
Rug
Scarf
Shawl
Short rows
Shrug/bolero/poncho
Slip stitch patterns - (nope, don't think I ever have.)
Slippers - (Only slipper-socks but I don't think that counts.)
Socks:toe-up
Socks: top-down - (Much prefer toe-up so I can maximize yarn usage.)
Steeks
Stockinette stitch
Stuffed toys - (Take much longer than I think to make! Lots of parts to sew together and stuff.)
Swatching
Sweater
Tassels
Teaching a child to knit
Teaching a male how to knit
Textured knitting
Thrummed knitting - (I like the idea of this, being rather nesh.)
Toy/doll clothing - (It's how I got started.)
Tubular CO
Twisted stitch patterns - (Not sure.)
Two end knitting - (???)
Writing a pattern
Double Knitting - (Not sure either.)
Well, that was interesting, (for me at least!) Looks like I've still got a few things to learn. Thanks Jen :o)
Still only knitting for work, so no photos to share :o(
Happy Bonfire Night! Shake a sparkler for me!

3 comments:
Woa...look at you go!
I forgot about Guy Fawkes day...or, more appropriately, i thought yesterday was the 4th, not the 5th.
Kate and Travis shook several sparklers whilst we drank Beaver Bitter and scoffed pork burgers. Brilliant!
Soft Jack
Combination knitting is that weird thing I do so I don't have to turn my work...
Post a Comment