Saturday, October 03, 2009

The End of Summer

I'm patting myself on the back.  It was a terrific idea to have the wrinklies staying at the rented house in the Catskills, where we could join them for weekends and extend our holiday. Fabulous idea!
The leaves had just started to change into their autumnal shades during the stay - I bet it's gorgeous up there now. (We'll find out next weekend - heheeheee! )


I managed to squeeze in some personal knitting time, (I was mostly knitting and crocheting work projects - I'm such a girly swot!)
Here's Mumbles sporting a fresh-off-the-needles bright pink number:
Pattern:  Silk Camisole.  (Ravelry link.)
Yarn:  Unknown very soft cotton.
Mods: Rows of crochet around the neck and armholes.

Early Saturday morning at Pakatakan Farmers Market:
Waiting for the Menfolk to purchase supplies:

Flora around the house:







Rolly found this wonderful stick that resembles some sort of creature.  The fella whittled at it to improve it's features but forgot to put it in the car.  I wonder if it's still there?
It was very sad to say goodbye to my lovely parents.  We watched as Soft Jack skillfully negotiated the tricky reverse out of the drive and hoped that their journey home was much less traumatic than their arrival.

Three of us remained.
 

It was a wonderful way to end the summer.  Lovely location, fantastic friends, gorgeous grub and the best parents in the world!  I miss you!!!


Back to the daily grind.  
I was walking to work the other morning and noticed a fish on a grassy knoll by the side of the road.  How bizarre is that? 

No comments: