Sorry about that - I must've been busy!
So what's been happening in the Land 'O' AoK? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......
Lots of work... Entertaining guests... Fair bit of food tasting and a modicum of knitting.
Let's start with the knitting as that is what this blog is supposed to be about.
I finally finished the gargantuan task of knitting up the Cable Junction Cardi for Marlene.
Figuring out the placement of the cables was somewhat of a headache:
Then came the crocheted trims:
but we were both pleased with the end results:
I'm now working on two secret projects for a new book - can't show photos but will let you know more about it soon.
My new(ish) job has me machine knitting and playing with new stitches. I got an old Brother 950i from ebay and have been re-teaching myself as I go along. Any hand knitters out there who are thinking of getting a machine to speed up their projects, be warned - it may be fast but there's nothing like the relative calm of knitting by hand.
My fella's oldest bro and his ladyfriend came over for a short stay, unsettling the neigbours with their loud bikes and leather garb - heheheee!
Here's a shot of Bob on his steely horse in front of Spud:
Last weekend my friends from up North came for a visit. We all piled into Spud for a trip out to Lancaster County.
Face pulling and cookie eating kept us entertained en route:
The reason for our journey? To see the fabulous, foot-stompin' band Hot Buttered Rum:
A nicer bunch of talented musicians, I have yet to meet.
They were playing at the Great Green America Fest, held at Bizarroland!! A strange mock renaissance town where I happened upon a real-life Wide Mouthed Frog!!
Annabel got her face painted to look like a pink cat and we all ate home-made chocolate!
Taking of eating, there's been a fair amount of polishing off of yummy treats here at chez AoK!
Whole grain breads:
Parsley hummus:
Crumb topped banana muffins:
and moist cupcakes:
Washed down with a fair few pots of Betty's tea:
That's all for today - posting those last few picks has made we hungry!
I'll leave you with a shot of painted eggs that my work-mate brought in to show us - they really brightened the place up!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY AMERICA!!
And a big, big thank you to my own Mumble Trimbles for sending chocolate and wool - you know me so well and I miss you :o)

6 comments:
Just sent you a quick email and then headed to your blog. Looks like a good time was had by all at the HBR concert! Looking forward to a visit in the near future and some of those delicious looking delicacies! :) Melissa
I want to know all about this new book...are you writing it? Who's publishing it?
wow that cable cardigan looked amazing! well beyond my capabilities! well done. Glad to see in ur earlier post u returned to sunny old England - isn't it the best! lol delicious looking cupcakes also. I've added your Not you Mamas Knitting to my list of books to buy - look forward to it. Check out my blog sometime, i'd be ineterested in your opinions. Also, what did you study at uni? was it LOndon school of fashion you went to?
again, good knitting!
That cardigan is fan-freakin-tastic! Looking forward to the new book...keep me posted, will ya?
aggie1962@hotmail.com
Hi Heather!
I live in Malaysia, a very hot and humid country. You will love the heat but NOT the humidity!
At a book store one evening, I picked up your book 'not your mama's knitting'. My friends thought I was crazy, buying a book on knitting. Who would need anything knitted in my hot country?
I taught myself to knit when I was about 8, working with a pair of tiny needles and a pink ball of yarn which I used and reused so many times that it actually frayed and looked grey! All I could do was to knit and purl.
After a while, I lost interest until about 15 years ago when I met up with some friends from the UK and they got me interested again. When my friends left, I lost interest again.
After I bought your book a few months ago, I got into the hang of it, just practising on the stiches. Now, I am more confident and can knit simple things, knit patterns I got off the internet.
However, in your book, you did mention the magic loop method. I read, re read and re read and still I cannot figure out how it's done. I wish you had included some photos so I would be able to follow. Could you please help me as I would really like to knit some things that require that method?
Sorry, I didn't know how else to contact you except through this blog posting.
Thank you.
Agnes Khaw
Hello Agnes - I hope you find this reply!
This is a great website which should help you out.
Scoll down the page a little bit for the video on the magic loop method:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/advanced-techniques
Happy Knitting!
Heather.
Post a Comment