My right wrist has been mysteriously hurting for the past week.
I need to rest it, meaning no knitting, GASP!
And limited time on the 'puter, (oops.)
After browsing the selection of wrist braces in my local Duane Reade, (sort of a rubbish version of Boots - for the UK readers), and trying on a couple, I remembered my Rollerblade wrist guards were more or less the same thing. So after digging through bags of stuff in the cupboard, I found said protectors and am currently sporting just the righthand one. Saving me $17.99 + tax.
I feel like a cross between Sporty Spice and Michael Jackson. I think it needs a little something - maybe some glitter or feathers?
I am sad :o(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Feel better soon. I know how painful it can be. I found something that strangely enough helps it. I've been taking a high dose of Vitamin b2 (my doctor has me taking 500 mg per day) for the past 6 months to prevent my migraines. When I researched the vitamin and it's effects I found that one of the things that it helps is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I'm not saying that's what you have, but mine has virtually stopped bothering me about a month after I started taking the B2 (and I can honestly say "What headaches?" Also, an ergonomic keyboard helps as well.
Oooh that sounds bad, I hope it's fixed soon!
Awwwww! Hope you feel better soon.
Oh no Heather! Does that mean no book signing too? Hope you can still make your much-desired mark!
Ooh poor you. Hope it's better soon.
I have a funny feeling you won't be starting a new trend with this one.
I say the brace needs sequins.....
and bedazzling!
:-o
What's a Heather to do?!
Oh no! That's terrible. Well, maybe you can use the time to catch up on your reading and movies with subtitles, until your wrist mends itself? No fun!
Feel better Heather! I was on line with you at Carodan Farms in Rhinebeck buying sock yarns at and I didnt even realize that I was in the midst of such a celebknitty. I wanted to give you some encouragement and let you know that I had carpal tunnel in my right hand when I was pregnant and had surgery that fixed it. Before it was fixed however I got relief from the wrist braces so use them and get well soon.
Oooh! I hope you don't have RA!
I had bilateral CTS release surgery when I was 20. I also wore Rollberblading braces instead of those ugly suckers they sell at the drugstores -- I just took out the front support and wore them everywhere. [When I finally stopped wearing them, I realised that I no longer had lines all over my palm. It was a little odd.] I decorated mine with green nailpolish and a watch -- they looked a little cyberpunk...
I still wear these things called compression gloves that are wonderful when my hands ache. They look like some nice little old lady's gloves, but they have a little extra elastic in them. The compression just barely massages your hands, and they also keep them a little extra warm at room temperature -- I don't know about RA, but people with CTS often have cold hands even in summer. I bought mine at Bigelow's surgery shop [upstairs], but I'm sure they also have them in England. They're actually made for arthritis, so they should be good for what ails you too...
Post a Comment