Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Final Countdown

Now I've chosen that as my title, the awful song by 80's hair-band, Europe, is in my head... Do do do Da da da da dahh.... Anyway...the last chapter of my book has been written and I've almost finished the last pattern.
It has been a rather trying time as I had just about completed the knitting of a large men's cardigan, when I realised I had made a mistake right at the start - I was ready to give up as it had taken me every spare moment since Tuesday to knit it, but there was nothing I could do to save it...
The re-knitting started yesterday and thanks to HBO on Demand, (Sex and the City reruns, the first 3 episodes of Big Love, a couple of really crap films and the fuel provided by the photographic evidence, I'm well on the way to having it mostly knit up again from scratch.
In an hour I will still be knitting it whilst watching Desperate Housewives, followed by Grey's Anatomy all washed down with a large slice of Vegan Death by Chocolate Cake, (which I would normally share with Glen and he ALWAYS takes more than half - but he's not here! He's still working in Montreal so the cake's mine ALL MINE - mmwuhhahahahaa!!!) It's a lonely life as a sweater designer/knitting book author.....Ho-hum....Monday tomorrow....

3 comments:

CityMinx said...

Oh my goodness Heather! I didn't realize you had a blog until today - bad friend! 20 lashes with acrylic! I'm so sorry, you are immediately linked up. On the other hand, congrats with the progress with the book and cardi. See you tuesday!

Heather said...

My Darling Cityminx!! Thank you! See you soon ;o)

MUDNYC said...

Do you realize how cool it is to get paid for knitting? I mean, really...but then we always knew you were cool anyway. See you tonight!