Saturday, July 14, 2007

At last..... some Finshed Objects to show off!!



Inspired by the voluptuous shot of our own little Jenn in her Coachella, I went a-hunting through my stash for some suitable yarn to make one too!
I found some gorgeously soft, unlabeled, white cotton - must've come from a yarn swap, long ago...
Not being anywhere near as curvy as our dear, aforementioned friend, I didn't have to alter the pattern, except for making it longer to fit my extended torso. I like it, but white just isn't me - I don't really do pale colours. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get around to dyeing it one day.....




The baby blanket is finished too.
Now let's all keep our fingers crossed that it's recipient will be a boy - It doesn't really matter either way because if I know the parents-to-be at all, he or she will be forced to be a Yankees fan!! (Yankees colours are blue and white, right?)






Another baby blanket - this time my own design, for a girl.
If you are reading this, my friend from long ago who had a baby earlier this year, I'm so sorry for taking an eternity to get knitted gifts to you - I will get to packing them up and sending them off before the little one starts school - promise!!!!






Summer's here! Which means more crocheting!
Here's the bag I finished over a month ago but have yet to use. It would've been right at home on my recent trip to Woodstock!
It's more Lion Cotton worked in single crochet stripes with a giant granny square for the flap.
See, these colours are much more "me".











More stash diving was involved to find a mixture of colours and textures for these crochet flowers - they are on their way to becoming part of something bigger - I'll let you know if it all works out!






And finally, to round off today's show and tell, "Carol's Cable Clutch", a bag pattern I designed for one of my students, (I miss you, students!!). This is one of the many patterns I have all written up and ready to be sold from my website. I've been working on my website this week and managed to fix all the broken links. I just need to figure out how to sell patterns, (in PDF form), from there. I've been reading up on the subject and hope to get it going soon. If anyone has any tips, PLEASE let me know!!

Thank you - is it time to eat now?

7 comments:

Linda said...

Coachella looks great! It is not a pattern I would have considered until I saw yours, I must stop looking a blogs as they make me want to knit too many things!

Passionknitly said...

but Heather! your tanned self looks gorgeous in that white!!

It came out BEAUTIFULLY!!!

MUDNYC said...

I agree with Ms. Passionknitly -- the white top looks GREAT on you, especially with the tan!

Rain said...

Your blog comment made me smile. I stalk your blog because I want to be just like you when I grow up. I'd invite you to be my big sister in my fantasy family but it would mean having Richard and Judy for your Mum and Dad and Anthony from the Royal Family as a brother ;)

I love that top on you. I've never even noticed the pattern before, but from seeing yours I think it's gorgeous. Nice one.

If you're struggling to get shopping software on your site check out lulu.com as an interim solution, or there's etsy if you can cope with the teen angst to go with it. There are plenty of free pdf writer programs out there although I think you may need an Adobe program to password or copy protect them.

Unknown said...

oooo love that top!

Anonymous said...

I love your coachella - I like that pattern and yours looks fab!

CityMinx said...

oh, i get it. this summer has been one long knitting retreat!

right? ;>

miss you heather! come back to us!