I'm inclined to disagree.
Like most people, I love a nice warm and sunny day but couldn't quite properly enjoy the 70 plus degree temperature we had last weekend - it was just wrong!
Here are a few snapshots I took on a walk around the park.
Ice, what ice?

There is a beautiful statue in Central Park that I hadn't seen in real life before, (as I tend to hang around the reservoir by my doorstep).
It has been featured in films and TV programmes many times, most notably, (for me anyway), in a recent-ish and rather good, mini-series called, "Angels in America".
Here's Angel of the Waters at Bethesda Fountain:

And a close-up of the beautiful face that spookily creaks up to face the camera in the dramatic titles of the aforementioned show:

And a pretty shot of the boating lake - which would normally be frozen, but plenty of people were out, making the most of the unseasonably gorgeous day.

The weather is closer to normal now, although still warm enough for me to stomp around the park without hat, scarf and mittens to go splashing through the puddles wearing my new wellies, (thanks Ju-pot!)
When will I get to wear my new knits? (Photos still need to be taken.....)
In other news.... I managed to get tickets for my boss and I to be audience members at a recording of "Martha" last Thursday morning.
And here's the poof:


It was an interesting experience and I found Ms Stewart to be impressively professional and quite quick witted off camera.
Guests on that particular show were two very real, taletend, charming and vertically challenged women - Aunt Flora, who baked a Vegetable Cobbler and Eugenia Kim who showed us how to make a gorgeous, red feather cloche. She also quoted a site where you can purchase the feathers - love this name!
We were presented with a copy of her book - which is fabulous!
I look forward to trying my hand at making a few of them - but as my plate is rather full at the mo - don't hold your breath!!

























6 comments:
The weather last w/e was more than a little freaky wasn't it? Good that you got out to see a new part of the park though.
The cobbler looks yummy!!! I'm with you on the freakiness of the weather -- I did enjoy it, though, b/c that was the day I spent in the sheep farm driveway, bent over hundreds of bins of yarn!
I recently saw "Angels in America" also -- the opening sequence w/the statue gives me the chills =)
The Eugenia Kim book is great -- lucky you to see her in action!
"Global warming"? C'mon we've been here before. Did you know that in the 11th and 12th centuries great swathes of Southern England from Birmingham down were major wine producing areas? Furthermore despite an increase in flooding in the UK over the past 5 or 6 years. the worst floods ever recorded in Nottinghamshire were in 1784.
Check it out, maybe in NYC warm winters are not unique.
You should see it here! Freak hail storm followed by glorious sunshine. Loads of stuff is flowering in the garden that shouldn't be. I'm hanging out for some snow but I think I'm going to be sorely disappointed.
<3 Angels in America
Post a Comment