Saturday, December 16, 2006

Last Post from NYC of 2006

With less than an hour to go until I leave for the airport, I had to start a new project.
Not wanting to have my precious needles confiscated, I opted to go crochet for the journey. If my fat plastic crochet hook gets taken from me at JFK, I won't be too upset.

Using some mystery stash yarn, I cast on, (not sure what the proper term is for beginning a hooking project), this thing, which I hope will become a beautiful scalloped-edge scarf and maybe I'll be able to give it away as a Chrietmas present! (I'm not that good at crochet, so we'll see what happens!) Inspiration for this project was from a gorgeous, (much nicer than my lame-o effort), scarf that Rachel made - Leave a comment, Rachel so you can take a bow - I don't know how to link to you!!
Now that's sorted out, I can finished packing and try to flag down a Taxi.
Little England here I come!!

5 comments:

Rain said...

It looks pretty so far.
I got so carried away with the thought of chip butties in the last post that I forgot to mention that your project looks great so far, I can't wait to see it all properly.

Anonymous said...

You've made me blush! Bow duly being taken. Lurve the stash yarn choice and hope the TSA folks don't pick on your crochet. Have a great time back in Blighty m'dear.

Anonymous said...

You should try and make it to I Knit London while you are there!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time in good ole England Heather! Take care xxx

Anonymous said...

Love the colouring, It`s going to make a great scarf.
Have a lovely break - oh and by the way I have tagged you (hehe, sorry about that!)