Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Self Diagnosis

Thanks for all your nice comments :o)
After some online detective work I have come to the conclusion that I probably have rheumatoid arthritis.
My wrist is still painful and I have ichy red lumps on my left elbow.
My Mum has had RA for quite a few years so I know a little bit about it and am not too happy with the realization.
I also need to find a new doctor as I don't like the one I'm with.
Anyone out there recommend a nice, friendly, but not too friendly doctor in NYC that accepts Empire Blue Cross Blue Sheild Direct HMO insurance?
Thanks again :o)
H xxxx

4 comments:

schrodinger said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that you might have RA - you never know it might be a viral thing (Mr. B. had it for a few months, then it went away). A good doctor/rhematologist will tell you. Can't make recommendations, but if you find a nice one with Empire Blue, please let me know :)

Rain said...

Oh dear, I hope it isn't. Fingers crossed you find yourself a decent doc.

Anonymous said...

I have Blue Cross too and for primary care I got to Egelman, he's in the 50's near 6th ave. My hand specialist is Brown, he's uptown. Email me if you want their numbers. Good luck! yivich(at)gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Dr. Regina Janicik at NYU is super. Her offices are on Lafayette in Downtown Manhattan. Bet of luck.