Good to see some familiar faces and meet new ones at Chris and Valda's 5th annual Oktoberfest, a fabulous party they throw for their ever growing family and friends. I managed to get on the bouncy castle early this year, before all the rough 8 year old boys make it a danger zone!
Tonnes of yummy homemade treats, real ale, live music and horse rides - this is no ordinary back yard BBQ!
I got my fella to snap some shots of these two finished objects:

Firstly the solid, hooded and kangeroo pocketed version of Sweet & Seamless - this variation wasn't knitted in time to be featured in the book but it's such a fab pattern that I wanted to show it off.
Then we have this little orange number from last year's spring Rowan. It's the very first thing I have ever knitted in the same yarn and colour as featured in the pattern - but I did change the sleeve a bit by adding cables and minimalising the seaming by knitting in the round.
It has been sitting around for over a year waiting for me to put the buckles on...not like me at all!

Breaking news......I've seen the book!!!
I don't want to be mean but it's my baby so I can't help being picky......
Just one thing - I had nothing what-so-ever to do with the photography/styling/models.
Oh and I did notice some mistakes in the illustrations and some of the swatch photos aren't clear enough which will have to be corrected for the second print run. I'll go through it this weekend, (hopefully) and post anything that needs altering here.
Otherwise it's a fabulous little book! Hoorah again!

























9 comments:
Heather,
The book is phenomenol! I am so impressed with it - everything is wonderful from layout, to clarity, to variety! I especially love Split Personality (all of its variations)....and of course, Wildflowers!
Congratulations!
Congrats on the book being out. I've heard people saying some really nice things about it.
Love the FOs especially the red one.
Pssst! It's only September!
Great FO's. Congrats on the book being out, must be a big thrill.
Wait, it's out? OMG I must buy it immediately! Going out tomorrow!
The hoodie is something special! Congratulations on book! If it hapenned to me - I couldn't be able to think or write!
WOOOHOO!!!! YAY YOU'RE PUBLISHED!!!!
oh, and i would so much love to chat with you about that hoodie...I've had this alpaca ready to go for quite some time to knit a long sleeved hoodie with and i can't seem to find a pattern that I like. The one you made looks perfect though - i'd love to know how you did the pocket and the hood part!
Gorgeous FOs! And congratulations! You are a published author! That is SO exciting, esp. since you have a fabulous book full of fabulous patterns. Way to go, Heather!
Congrats on the book! I cant wait to go out and read it!
Yes Rain, I know it isn't October yet but this year's party had to be brought forward as the hosts are now in Latvia - tut, some people! ;o)
Post a Comment